Marrakech Climate & Temperature
- Marrakech, Morocco is at 31°37'N, 8°1'W, 466 m (1529 ft). See map.
- Marrakech has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Marrakech is situated in or near the subtropical desert scrub biome.
- The average temperature is 19.6 degrees Celsius (67.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 16.1 °C (29°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 281.3 mm (11.1 inches) which is equivalent to 281.3 Litres/m² (6.9 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3146 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Marrakech you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Cape Reinga, New Zealand where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Marrakech Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Marrakech Climate Graph in Metric Units
Marrakech Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Marrakech, Morocco Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Tangier, Morocco - 497.6 kms (309.2 miles) NNE
- Kenitra, Morocco - 327.2 kms (203.3 miles) NNE
- Taza, Morocco - 474.6 kms (294.9 miles) NE
- Rabat, Morocco - 295.2 kms (183.5 miles) NNE
- Fes-Sais, Morocco - 384.8 kms (239.1 miles) NE
- Meknes, Morocco - 344.3 kms (214 miles) NE
- Casablanca, Morocco - 219.5 kms (136.4 miles) N
- Ifrane, Morocco - 340.6 kms (211.7 miles) NE
- Midelt, Morocco - 332.5 kms (206.6 miles) ENE
- Bechar, Algeria - 548.1 kms (340.6 miles) E
- Ouarzazate, Morocco - 131.8 kms (81.9 miles) SE