Marrakech Climate & Temperature
- Marrakech, Morocco is at 31°37'N, 8°1'W, 466 m (1529 ft). See map.
- Marrakech has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Marrakech is situated in or near the subtropical desert scrub biome.
- The mean temperature is 19.6 degrees Celsius (67.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 16.1 °C (29°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 281.3 mm (11.1 inches) which is equivalent to 281.3 Litres/m² (6.9 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3146 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Marrakech you would come out nearest to the climate station at Cape Reinga, New Zealand where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Marrakech, Morocco Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Tangier, Morocco - 497.6 kms (309.2 miles) NNE
- Kenitra, Morocco - 327.2 kms (203.3 miles) NNE
- Taza, Morocco - 474.6 kms (294.9 miles) NE
- Rabat, Morocco - 295.2 kms (183.5 miles) NNE
- Fes-Sais, Morocco - 384.8 kms (239.1 miles) NE
- Meknes, Morocco - 344.3 kms (214 miles) NE
- Casablanca, Morocco - 219.5 kms (136.4 miles) N
- Ifrane, Morocco - 340.6 kms (211.7 miles) NE
- Midelt, Morocco - 332.5 kms (206.6 miles) ENE
- Bechar, Algeria - 548.1 kms (340.6 miles) E
- Ouarzazate, Morocco - 131.8 kms (81.9 miles) SE